• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

NYU MathFin Rejection?

QKR

Hey Folks,

International applicant here, I had an interview with an alumni from NYU as they sometimes do for the admission process roughly 3 weeks ago. Personally, the responsiveness from the alumni was very positive and he verbally said that he thought I'd be a great fit, so I don't think I messed up on the interview. That being said, I have yet to receive any outcome from NYU, neither acceptance, rejection, or waitlist(if they do that.) At this point I think I've been rejected, but does anyone have any insight on NYUs procedure at this point? Do people who get interviewed get rejected at like the end of April?

Thanks

Hi QKR,

I think it wouldn't be rude of you at all if you simply sent a brief query to the admissions email asking about the status of your application. They should respond shortly with an indication of your admissions status.

- Dan

I emailed them to get a decision because I have other deadlines approaching. They said, "they will try their best but no guarantees they can get to my application before then as they are 'particularly busy'" and I see no reason for them to lie about that, especially since stringing along someone with deadlines is just particularly cruel and troll.

Also historically speaking, they've admitted people as late as early May, so I wouldn't throw in the towel just yet.

Is anyone still waiting to hear back from NYU? Just wondering if they're still actively reviewing applications.

Back