• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

NYU MSMF NYU MSMF admissions & possible interviews for future applicants

Lyn Huang

NYU MSMF
Our program is not done with the admission process of Class 2014, only about half of the offers have gone out. Will send out more offers within this week and the following. So be patient if you haven't heard from NYU ;)

Meanwhile the committee is looking into the interview process for Class 2015. Interviewers are likely to be alumni from our program.

Update [04/12/13]:

Every incoming student this year is gonna get a mentor from our class

Update [04/20/13]:

Qualified candidates (but not fully qualified for MSMF) will be redirected to another candidate pool for a new program at Courant - MS in Data Science.

Just saw the director of that program take a bunch of applications from our admin yesterday lol

http://datascience.nyu.edu/

Yes, thank you for the info! Hopefully good news this week for me and everyone else! :D

And, yes, again. Glad that you guys are going to add interview. always wondered why NYU doesn't have interview.

good luck guys :)

I'll volunteer for conducting the interviews lol

Has NYU sent out all the admissions?
I didn't receive any email... Does that mean I'm rejected?...

Our program is not done with the admission process of Class 2014, only about half of the offers have gone out. Will send out more offers within this week and the following. So be patient if you haven't heard from NYU ;)

Meanwhile the committee is looking into the interview process for Class 2015. Interviewers are likely to be alumni from our program.

Update [04/12/13]: every incoming student this year is gonna get a mentor from our class
Hi, Lyn
I just received an interview invitation by email. Could you tell me what questions will be mainly contained in the interview? Thanks a lot.

u said abt half of the offers have gone out on April 8th, i check that there are abt 12ppl declaring admission before that and abt 8ppl declaring admission after, so can i guess that there are still abt 1/6 of admission not sent out yet?

Hi, Lyn
I just received an interview invitation by email. Could you tell me what questions will be mainly contained in the interview? Thanks a lot.
idk for sure, but u might expect some regular interview questions like walk me thru ur resume
and maybe mkt questions and quantitative ones

it wont be conducted by current students so i dont have detailed info

anyway that might be better for u guys, since when we talked abt conducting interviews, some of us are like.. "hurray time to destroy!" - that's the original sentence lol

Back