• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

NYU Tandon MFE NYU-Poly MFE statistics

Hello fellow Quantnet members,
Since I will be joining NYU-Poly MFE for coming Fall, I did some research on program, and it seems like Quantnet is not big fan of this program. Anyways, I made a little Excel graph about enrollment size and graduated number of student using publicly available data.

I hope this helps to help some of applicants for MFE program.

Some facts:
- data is extracted from "http://data.poly.edu/publicAccess.html"
- Based on Fall enrollment due to limited data access (not available for Spring admission)
- Including both part time and full time student

some concerns:
-It seems like new enrollment is decreasing. I do not know if they are trying to reduce class size (it can be temporary trend just for 2012) or decreasing of popularity of this program.

- No tag for "NYU-Poly MFE"? :'(

Attachments

• NYU_Poly_Stat.png
    NYU_Poly_Stat.png
    109.3 KB · Views: 124
https://www.quantnet.com/wiki/nyu-poly-mfe/
If possible, can you try to fill in the admission gap since 2009. The data was provided directly by the program up to that point.

I wish I can, but I can't get such information at the moment (at least not publicly). Let me see what I can do when I get into the program.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, to any current, joining student, or alumni at Poly's MFE program, please send me PM.
I would like to create some sort of communication or information page for this program over Quantnet or Facebook if there are not any.

Back