• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

NYU(Tandon) MFE vs NTU(Singapore) MFE

NYU Tandon vs NTU(Singapore)

• NYU(Tandon)

Votes: 23 82.1%
  • NTU(Singapore)

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters
Hey guys!
I have received admits from these two colleges.
Kindly help me choose between the two

I am from India and have done my baccalaureate in Mechanical Engineering. I have a Workex of 2 years in the field of Quantitative Research
One concern that I have is Although US has more opportunities compared to Singapore being a bigger market, NTU is the best programme in Singapore whereas NYU is ranked 10th.

Last edited:
Actually,I do not think ranking first in Singapore means that NTU is a better program than Tandon. Being the best player of your high school basketball team does not mean you can get a contract in NBA. I have no idea about what's the situation in Singapore. But I heard that investment banks in Hong Kong and Mainland China prefer students from top 10 MFE programs in America than those from NUS, NTU or HKUST.
I would suggets you to choose Tandon if you do not have a strong preference to work in Singapore.

This topic was made back in March. Looks like OP chose Georgia over NYU Tandon. Not a bad choice.

Back