• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Online courses in quantitative finance?

I am looking for schools that offer courses on quantitative finance online on a "for-credit" basis(not just seminars or MIT opencourse). I would like to take courses for credit in case I decide to pursue a degree(MFE or similar) later on.

So far I have found that Stanford(SCPD) and Columbia(CVN) both have online programs through their professional education centers. Is there any other school that offers similar programs online? Does anyone have experience completing courses or degree programs online on a part-time basis?

I am quite skeptical about the program at USC, since it looks like they just group a bunch of their existing engineering stochastic courses together and add some econ classes together to make a MFE.

Columbia also has an online masters level classes under their "Methods in Finance" degree. Do a search and you will find them but the price is quite high so hopefully you have company sponsorship.

Well I am sure CQF is certainly not easy to obtain, but is it a credential that employers will look at seriously? Does anyone with CQF certificate want to share input?

Another problem with such certificate program is that the credits won't count if I decide to pursue a degree program in the future.

There is a difference between billable credit and transferable credits. Online courses are a bit murky when it comes to the latter. If I were you, I would double check if the future brick and mortar institution I plan to enroll accepts the credits I take online. Look into accredited online courses.
In any case, most MFE program would only accept up to a few (4 credits) or so.

Back