• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Online Courses

Does anyone have any recommendations regarding good schools that offer online courses that would be helpful for someone trying to grasp the base math knowledge needed to apply for an undergrad degree in financial engineering or mathematical finance. It is a number of years since I left high school and haven't done any math since, therefore I have never done any math beyond high school level and can't remember much of the math I learned while at high school!

Thanks.

I suggest you apply to an undergraduate program and take the basic math courses such as college algebra/trig and precalculus. After going back to college in such a long time, it's best to be in class rather than an online course.

In my experience math is one of those subjects that you really need to be in person to learn. If you think you can do it online then just go to YouTube and watch the numerous math instruction videos for free.

I think you learn as much from your fellow students than from just the class instruction.

Back