• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Open Interest COT Report stochastic

Hi everyone,

I apologize if this might sound like a very simple question, but how would you implement this into a formula? :

"[FONT=&quot]...taking a stochastic of the net of commercial longs minus shorts divided by the total open interest of the last 26 weeks."

I'm not a formally trained quant per se, but I'm trying to chart myself in Excel the Open Interest from the Commitment of Traders reports.

The quote above is from Larry William's book about COT reports.Unfortunately I don't know exactly what the "stochastic" he refers to is.

How would you approach this?
[/FONT]

He probably refers to one of the Stochastic indicators in Technical Analysis. IIRC, he created his own stochastic indicator and that might be the one he is talking about. Do a search about Technical Analysis Stochastic Indicators and you will probably find it.

I don't know much about technical analysis but I often hear the following two terms: fast stochastic oscillator and slow stochastic oscillator. As to their meanings, I have no clue and nor do I care. But for your question, you might want to look into it.

Back