• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Oxford & Imperial MCF 2022 Applications

Anyone applied to Oxford and Imperial? Did you receive any response? I think Oxford takes technical interviews but I havent heard anything back yet.

Hi, I just today received a conditional offer for RMFE at Imperial College London, although I am not if you mean MathFin or RMFE. I applied in January and did not have to go through an interview.

I received today a conditional offer for MathFin at Imperial. I applied mid January and did not have to go through an interview as well.

I received an offer yesterday for MathFin at Imperial. I applied early January and didn't have to do an interview.

What other UK programs did you guys apply to? Are there a top 10 or 20 UK programs that are well-known?
I applied to Imperial RMFE, Oxford MCF, UCL Computational Finance, and LSE Financial Mathematics.
Out of these universities, the LSE program and Oxford program are probably the most well known, then probably MathFin and RMFE at Imperial, and last UCL.
I think LSE and Oxford are the only ones on par (recognition-wise) with the top American programs.
Unfortunately, I don't know if there are any other programs in the UK that are as well known, although I've heard MSMF at Warwick has an excellent reputation in addition to the programs stated above, but probably not on the level of top American programs.

Hi! I applied to Oxford’s MCF and haven’t heard anything yet. Do you mind sharing your background? Also, do you know of any forum/thread for Oxford MCF applicants?

Hi! I applied to Oxford’s MCF and haven’t heard anything yet. Do you mind sharing your background? Also, do you know of any forum/thread for Oxford MCF applicants?
Hi! My background is in industrial engineering and applied mathematics. What is your background?
I have also looked for threads, but have not yet found any.. Maybe there is not yet one for this year.

It seems like we are the thread then lol
I studied computational science and statistics and in the past two years have been working in the fintech (R&D of a large bank, smaller fintech start up and now a large fintech company).

It seems like we are the thread then lol
I studied computational science and statistics and in the past two years have been working in the fintech (R&D of a large bank, smaller fintech start up and now a large fintech company).
Yeah, it seems like that! Maybe the thread will become more populated as people start receiving decisions.
I think you have a really strong background, the R&D banking experience (and fintech experience) is definitely meritorious.

Yeah, it seems like that! Maybe the thread will become more populated as people start receiving decisions.
I think you have a really strong background, the R&D banking experience (and fintech experience) is definitely meritorious.
Thank you! I hope we will hear back soon

This is an incomplete list of UK programs I compiled so far. Feel free to add more.
Wow, that's a pretty extensive list! It should be posted somewhere else too so more people can see it

I applied to Imperial RMFE, Oxford MCF, UCL Computational Finance, and LSE Financial Mathematics.
Out of these universities, the LSE program and Oxford program are probably the most well known, then probably MathFin and RMFE at Imperial, and last UCL.
I think LSE and Oxford are the only ones on par (recognition-wise) with the top American programs.
Unfortunately, I don't know if there are any other programs in the UK that are as well known, although I've heard MSMF at Warwick has an excellent reputation in addition to the programs stated above, but probably not on the level of top American programs.
I applied to Imperial MathFin, UCL Financial Mathematics and LSE Financial Mathematics. Personally I was under the impression that the Imperial MathFin program is the most prestigious (together with Oxford maybe). It got a fifth place in the 2022 Risk.net ranking.

I applied to Imperial MathFin, UCL Financial Mathematics and LSE Financial Mathematics. Personally I was under the impression that the Imperial MathFin program is the most prestigious (together with Oxford maybe). It got a fifth place in the 2022 Risk.net ranking.
That's probably true, I saw that ranking too (after I wrote my earlier post) when browsing Risk.net.

Back