• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Oxford MCF interview

Hi guys, I wonder if anyone received interview invite for Oxford MCF. I guess they have sent admissions without interview last week.

I did not ever get an interview invite and have not gotten a decision yet. I submitted my application around the 1st of Jan.

I got admission on Feb 25th without an interview. I don't think they would actually conduct one.

I am not sure if Oxford sends their admits out in batches or not. They indicated that everyone would receive a decision 8-10 weeks from submission and I did not hear of too many people that have gotten decisions. So don't lose hope!

the wait is painful. Guys, how do you continue your normal life while waiting for decisions (given the fact that all my decisions will be released around this week/next week). I cannot even properly eat and do normal stuff, I just keep refreshing my email again and again.....

the wait is painful. Guys, how do you continue your normal life while waiting for decisions (given the fact that all my decisions will be released around this week/next week). I cannot even properly eat and do normal stuff, I just keep refreshing my email again and again.....
Have back up schools

It seems that they don't host interview this year anymore. Most offers have been sent on 25th Feb., and WL have been sent last week, Rej will be issues next Monday according to the secretary.

It seems that they don't host interview this year anymore. Most offers have been sent on 25th Feb., and WL have been sent last week, Rej will be issues next Monday according to the secretary.
So the ones that didn't hear anything yet are rejected already?

So the ones that didn't hear anything yet are rejected already?
They didn't say that directly.

"We have sent out our first batch of offers already and have also notified people on the waiting list. The candidates who have not been selected for this program will be notified via email on Monday as this runs through an automated system."

But as I understand, only those on the WL will be considered for the 2nd batch of offers. So that means those who have nothing yet would be rejected. Let's see what happens on Monday.

they are indeed....

Any possibility of applying again next year or is there no point?

I got admission on Feb 25th without an interview. I don't think they would actually conduct one.
Hey mate,
what's your backgroud like? I mean...in terms of bachelor course and average grade. Just to get an idea

Back