• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

COMPARE Oxford or Imperial

Hi all

I have got offers from Oxford[Maths & Computational Finance], Imperial[Maths & Fin] and King's[Fin maths]. In my opinion, Oxford>Imperial> King's [Mathematics Department], although there are a few advantages of being at Imperial over Oxford.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks

I would go to imperial --> very well established program & math department + possibility to network easily in London.

I agree with Paul (As those MSc are postgraduate degrees). It would have been different if you were hesitating between undergraduate degrees.

Go to Oxford. You're doing this to maximise your chances of getting a job in finance. Financial firms are brand names whores. Almost everyone you work with will have been to Oxbridge, and now you can join "the club" and be treated equally to them.

@ Paul and Michel:
Are both of you EU citizens?

@ Connor and Barny:
Thanks for your point of view :)

Thanks Michel and Paul :)
I would be happy if other members of quantnet could post their point of views too.

Back