• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

People,what's your opinion on Columbia Mathematics of Finance vs UCLA MFE ?

I've recieved offer for both of those,yet i don't know what to do_On one hand Columbia is the bigger brand name and it's in new york.On the other hand its an MA in Mathematics with a specialization in mathematics of finance , and i don't know if the fact that it's an MA counts as a negative.I'm really not familiar with how people view the differences between MS and MA.Also Columbia Mathfin is i believe way more theoretical in terms of maths , some say even PhD level maths ,and i'm not quite sure if that's good when it comes to looking for a job.What are your thoughts ? Which one would you choose ? Thanks in advance for your input!!

Definitely, Columbia Mathfin in this case with no second thoughts. Math is the key in landing up with a good job whether it's MA or MS if you want to end up as a quant. And Columbia is the one you should opt.

Definitely, Columbia Mathfin in this case with no second thoughts. Math is the key in landing up with a good job whether it's MA or MS if you want to end up as a quant. And Columbia is the one you should opt.
thanks , i'm leaning heavily towads columbia as well

Back