• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Phone call from Columbia MFE admissions ?

Columbia is supposed to release the final results for OR by March the 31st. I have not been called for an interview, does that mean that I'm out for sure or is it possible that some applicants are admitted without interviews ? I'm freaking out now since March the 31st is in two days...

Columbia is supposed to release the final results for OR by March the 31st. I have not been called for an interview, does that mean that I'm out for sure or is it possible that some applicants are admitted without interviews ? I'm freaking out now since March the 31st is in two days...
They are still sending interview invitations.

If it helps, I got an email like 15 minutes ago from Columbia asking me to call them tomorrow or Thursday for an interview... so don't give up hope yet!

SagaG, I don't know if you have tried calling them, but I called them yesterday morning and got an interview invite in the afternoon. Interviewed this morning, and got my result couple hours ago. Best of luck to you.

If it helps, I got an email like 15 minutes ago from Columbia asking me to call them tomorrow or Thursday for an interview... so don't give up hope yet!
I got the same email too. Need to call them tomorrow or Thursday. The content of the email connotes that a lot of applicants are invited to call them during that period of time.

SagaG, I don't know if you have tried calling them, but I called them yesterday morning and got an interview invite in the afternoon. Interviewed this morning, and got my result couple hours ago. Best of luck to you.
forza you got your result for MSFE or OR? im wondering whether anybody from the MSFE waiting list got accepted! any info?

Nothing for me yet :(
What bothers me the most is that my official GRE and TOEFL scores have not been send to Columbia yet. So I sent them an email with my scores from ets's website (Q:800/V:550, TOEFL 113/120) to inform them in the hope that these unofficial scores would be considered for my application...

forza you got your result for MSFE or OR? im wondering whether anybody from the MSFE waiting list got accepted! any info?

I am still waiting on Columbia's waitlist of MSFE. I think it should wait till April 15th.

I'm trying to find an explanation for the fact that I have no interview yet other than "application denied" : could they proceed alphabetically ? Cause my last name starts with a Z...

hamletwlp - I applied directly into OR since I was more interested in that. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

SagaG - my last name starts with W. You should call the IEOR department and ask them if you haven't heard anything yet. It seemed to speed up things for me....

hamletwlp - I applied directly into OR since I was more interested in that. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

SagaG - my last name starts with W. You should call the IEOR department and ask them if you haven't heard anything yet. It seemed to speed up things for me....

Good Luck, I just want to tell the ICQuant his wondering~

Hi all,

I also got an email asking to call them tomorrow or the day after regarding MSOR.
I was redirected from MSFE. Like someone already mentioned, the email seems to be sent to a number of applicants as it does not greet with my name and etc.

What does this mean? Anybody any idea?

Hi all,

I also got an email asking to call them tomorrow or the day after regarding MSOR.
I was redirected from MSFE. Like someone already mentioned, the email seems to be sent to a number of applicants as it does not greet with my name and etc.

What does this mean? Anybody any idea?

It means that you have an interview with Columbia, no technical questions, just to see your interest. Good luck.

Which number should I called ? The only contact I have is Miss Adina Berrios Brooks

I applied to MFE on 2nd of March and after browsing through the posts in this community, i mailed adina and here is her reply "
Dear ********,

We are still considering late applications to MSFE, but will not make final decisions until we hear from our first round of admits. So, your application is still under review.

Best,
Adina

Does anyone know the last date for accepting the offers??

ooh :( that is a lot of time :( i got admitted into the MAFN on march 18th and they want me to accept the offer by 11th of april , Sucks.

Wow. May 15th??:(
I thought it was like April 15th for some reason. I am currently waitlisted and I thought I had to wait only a few more weeks.

For the people who were waitlisted initially and got accepted later, were you guys just waiting and got accepted one day? I mean.. were you guys proactive in anyway to have Columbia to make decisions any sooner? I am wondering if I should send them additional recommendation letters that were written by my manager/coworkers that I didn't send to Columbia.

Back