• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Phone call from Columbia MFE admissions ?

I applied to MFE on 2nd of March and after browsing through the posts in this community, i mailed adina and here is her reply "
Dear ********,

We are still considering late applications to MSFE, but will not make final decisions until we hear from our first round of admits. So, your application is still under review.

Best,
Adina

Does anyone know the last date for accepting the offers??
How did you apply march 2nd? The deadline was december 1st no?

i mailed their admissions office and found out that the application deadlines were extended to march 31st so i applied late :D

Strange. I thought the extended deadline was for their other programs for which the original
deadline was in mid-March. Either way, Good Luck!

yeah i hope :D those who got admitted into columbia also receive admits from haas MIT princeton and CMU :P :D

i mean if i were to rate the MFE programmes that would be my preference :D

Haha. Fair enough. For what it's worth, Columbia was my first choice. I think
different people have different criteria. I hope to see you in Columbia in July.

Princeton CMU(if it were affordable) UCB and MIT to be precise :)

I just recieved an email from Columbia saying that I Have been recommended for admission to Columbia University's MSOR program, and the office of graduate student services will be verifying the required application documents.

Does this mean I have been admitted, because based on this decision I will be rejecting the offer from University of Michigan

I spoke to one of the people at the Graduate School. The phone number was something like 212-8546348 (some combination of the last 4 digits, sorry it was a transfer so I couldn't write it down.) But they said that there's a glitch in the system and that we can respond by the 15th of May.
Personally, I am not taking the risk because she could be wrong and I'd have no one to blame. So I wouldn't recommend anyone take my (or her) word for it. My only reason for writing that was for the people that are still waiting elsewhere it may be worthwhile to check if this lady was correct, and they would have an extra month of waiting around. I hope I haven't confused anyone.

I mailed Adina regarding the deadline...she confirmed it remains unchanged on April 15th for MSFE

Does anyone know how many MSOR people does IEOR admit every year? What is the general acceptance rate of MSOR that IEOR is targeting every year?

Back