• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Phone call from Columbia MFE admissions ?

I said that Columbia is my first choice even though I have applied three other programs. I am really confused.
What is weird that the interviewer keep saying fantastic. And I think this means she is satisfied with my answer.
It make me really upset these days.
Just wait I guess they seem to be pretty messed up this time

I hope they are not done with giving invites for interviews.. That would leave a whole lot of us in despair. I wonder what is it. neither a reject nor an accept. what they upto

From what I have heard most of the interviewers say fantastic/very good. And people why don't you just wait. There was an email saying decision would be made by 1st of March and not to contact them because this might delay their decisions. Here you are trying to read their mind and calling them to ask what is going on. We have had theories like "Last Name Order"/"Date of Submission Order"/"NY resident order"/"whatever order". So far all wrong. Don't you think you would have been at peace if you didn't come up with these theories and if you just waited to see until 1st of March. I do understand that with days passing the chances are lower and lower but what can you/we do about it??? I would also add that it sometimes things like that depend on luck, BELIEVE me on this. Good Luck to all of us!

you guys see the tracker ? some dude with 730Q got in + no finance experience ! his rec. letters must be amazing.
He's anonymous and I would really really like him to respond here and elaborate on his background.

Andy, perhaps you can email him ?

20 admits have been posted in the tracker this year, while there are 11 records of admits for last year. (Of course, more candicates are using the tracker.) Honestly, for the "pending" applicants, including me, the chance of being admitted is really slim.

So frustrasted. Waiting for the email asking me to be considered for MSOR...

20 admits have been posted in the tracker this year, while there are 11 records of admits for last year. (Of course, more candicates are using the tracker.) Honestly, for the "pending" applicants, including me, the chance of being admitted is really slim.

So frustrasted. Waiting for the email asking me to be considered for MSOR...

Last year: 22 cases and 11 got accepted (50%)
This year: 46 cases and 19 got accepted (41%)

hahaha, I guess there is room for a few more to make it 50%.

Also, will you accept the offer from MSOR ?

Last year: 22 cases and 11 got accepted (50%)
This year: 46 cases and 19 got accepted (41%)

hahaha, I guess there is room for a few more to make it 50%.

Also, will you accept the offer from MSOR ?

Hi, Roni! Actually, I haven't received any emails regarding MSOR. I am just not that optimistic about my chance @ FE.

If I am offered admision to MSOR, I think I will accept it. After all, it's Columbia!

Hi, Roni! Actually, I haven't received any emails regarding MSOR. I am just not that optimistic about my chance @ FE.

If I am offered admision to MSOR, I think I will accept it. After all, it's Columbia!
For some reason, the program doesn't look very attractive in comparison with the MFE
rolleyes.png

Oliver, did Columbia offer you an interview?

No. The whole MSOR thing I mentioned above is just what I supposed. Sorry for the unclear expression.

Some people are accepted, and some are declined admission. So I suppose the rest of us may well be asked whether to consider MSOR instead.

For some reason, the program doesn't look very attractive in comparison with the MFE :rolleyes:

That is why MSOR accepts applicants who fail to make it to MFE. Anyway, Columbia's big name, its location in the world's financial hub, the finance-oriented curriculum make it a good back-up.

That is why MSOR accepts applicants who fail to make it to MFE. Anyway, Columbia's big name, its location in the world's financial hub, the finance-oriented curriculum make it a good back-up.
I guess you are right... but lets hope they will be sending interview invitations in the next two days.

that's incorrect.... only selected MSFE rejects are offered a chance to be considered for MSOR....

NOT all of MSFE rejects will be considered for MSOR.

that's incorrect.... only selected MSFE rejects are offered a chance to be considered for MSOR....

NOT all of MSFE rejects will be considered for MSOR.

Please don't get me wrong.

Roni thinks of MSOR not as attractive as MSFE, and I agree with him. I was just trying to say this is one of the reasons why some applicants will be considered for MSOR after being rejected by MSFE, rather than vice versa.

Phew...as I keep reading these posts, my anxiety levels keep rising...
I guess it is time to just let go...
tongue.png

What is to happen will happen.
smile.png

No use in bothering about something over which we have no control.

Back