• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Phone call from Columbia MFE admissions ?

I'm visiting the Columbia MFE program today with my photographer to tour the program and meeting with the admin people there.
We will spend half the day there and I will let you know if I see anyone actively sending out admits.
Well then I guess we would all be waiting eagerly for your response :)

I had received the last mail from Columbia around this time... waiting super eagerly

I'm on the pending list as well..Waiting eagerly and anxiously. Its tough. I hope we can all get some positive news soon! Andy, I'll be waiting for your message!

@jaih and roni...
i am also in the same boat ...still pending...hoping to hear something positive from them on last day or atleast an email extending the March 1 Deadline!

I'm sitting and tweeting from Derman's class right now. I talked with their directors and here are the breaking news.
The MSFE has over 1000 applicants this year, their all time record high.
They will admit around 90-100 people this year for a class size of 60.
A handful of admit will be sent out today and that is it for this year.
No MFE applicant will be offered MSOR this year.

I'm sitting and tweeting from Derman's class right now. I talked with their directors and here are the breaking news.
God :(

90-100 people sounds like a lot if they are only looking for a class size of 60. What if everyone accepts?

90-100 people sounds like a lot if they are only looking for a class size of 60. What if everyone accepts?
In the last two years they accepted 110 and around 60 eventually registered.

but that guy received the interview last week...I assume it doesn't count as "today".....lol

but that guy received the interview last week...I assume it doesn't count as "today".....lol
I guess you are right... lol
Then, today they are going to send interview invitations.... but it's already 5pm in NY... don't know if they are still open.

I guess you are right... lol
Then, today they are going to send interview invitations.... but it's already 5pm in NY... don't know if they are still open.

doesn't matter. I got my invitation email at around 10:00 pm EST

I still have a midterm today and tmr....geeezzz....

I guess I will go for LSE then...

well its a lost cause now for all of us with pending status
yea.....well, it's not the end of the world :|
There are other schools + we can improve our applications and apply for next year :|

Good luck with the other applications...

Wow! It really is breaking news!

Why don't they offer MSOR to MFE applicants any more? Too many MFE didn't accept the offer last year or MSOR can't digest its own applicants and is self-sufficient this year?

Back