• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

PHOTOS: Quantnet BBQ Party

What: The Quantnet BBQ Party
When: Saturday March 31, noon to sundown
Why: Bonding with cohorts, networking
Where: Woody's place in Windsor Terrace (Prospect Park Southwest). It is about 45 min from Baruch door-to-door via the F train.

Depending on the weather, we will cook inside, outside, or in Prospect Park. If we go to the park we can play sports.

Burgers, dogs, and fixin's will be supplied. You bring the booze. If you have special dietary needs, please bring food as well. When you RSVP, please note what you will be bringing. We do not want an oversupply of potatoes chips and undersupply of something to drink :D
Thanks!

This event is for MFE alumni, faculty and current students only. I will email my address and directions to those who RSVP.

If you have questions, please post.

002a.jpg
004a.jpg

The chili for Saturday is cooked and resting, getting spicier by the minute...

What's the address? I understand why it might not be posted here, but might we see it via email.

I was planning on emailing the address to those who RSVP all at once. I will PM you.

Woody,
You probably should rewrite the direction to your place. The last time I went to your apt, following the directions to the tee and ended up walking across the Brooklyn borough to get to your place :D

Some useful things

1) Should we stay on the front or back of the train when we get there.
2) When get off, which direction to go. By the time I got there, I was totally disoriented and didn't know if my back is toward Manhattan :smt102
3) Put up some pictures on the direction page. Something like "If you see this house, you are in State Island", "Look for the big house", etc
4) You can even spraypaint the directions on the wall, "Woody's is this way -->"

I will look over the directions. I thought they were pretty explanatory "Make sure you're on the Manhattan side of the train (the back coming from the city)," but I will look again. If I have time I will post pictures too :)

If you are wondering what to bring, bring beer, wine, soda, or your favorite finger food. And if you bring your favorite finger food, be sure to say what it is in your RSVP.

I'm thinking we eat at my place, then head over to the park (one block away) for some fun in the sun. This Saturday is 'opening day' for the park.

As of now, the forecast for Saturday is sunny with a high of 63. nice.

As you can see from Andy's photo, Prospect Park is far less crowded than Central Park! Plenty of space for football, volleyball, soccer, etc.

Woody, could you please post the detailed address of your location please.

I will send directions to anyone who RSVPs (rather than post my address in a public forum :) )

I have sent PM's to those who have RSVP'd. If you did not RSVP, send me a PM or email and I'll send you the info on how to get here and my phone number. woody@middlegray.org

You can come any time after 11am if you like. The chili is ready. The burgers I will prepare tonight. We'll still have to cut the fixings, buy ice, etc.

Back