• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Please help me find a path to Quantitative finance front office.

For the last 4 years, my goal has been to work in quantitative finance. I have worked very hard in order the come closer to my goal.

I am pursuing BSc. in Mathematics at a Tier-2 target European school. I am soon 24, I moved back and forth between majors during my early 20s due to family circumstances and depression.

I would like to know what would be a good path to break into the front office? I am already starting to network heavily. I have been successfully trading a 30k account with trailing returns of 15% over the past 2 years with very low risk.

I will obtain my BSc. in mathematics by the time I am 26, with a focus on Probability and numerical analysis. I expect a GPA of ~3.4, will my age be an issue? Should I enroll in a top Quantitative finance program? I would be 27-28 by the time I finish. I also have decent developer skills, maybe computational finance would be a better route?

Am I on the right path towards breaking into quant finance? What can I do to improve my odds? Thanks.

Back