• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Please help with determing my chances of getting into UCLA

Hi Everyone,

I took the GMAT and I got very apprehensive about my odds of getting into a top ranked school like UCLA.

I have a degree in Economics (3.7/4.0) with the following math courses: ODE, Linear Algebra and Real Analysis. Additionally, I’m studying for the CFA exam.

On the GMAT I got a 47 on quant. and a 710 overall.

Please advise

Hi Everyone,

I took the GMAT and I got very apprehensive about my odds of getting into a top ranked school like UCLA.

I have a degree in Economics (3.7/4.0) with the following math courses: ODE, Linear Algebra and Real Analysis. Additionally, I’m studying for the CFA exam.

On the GMAT I got a 47 on quant. and a 710 overall.

Please advise
hey danny. a couple things. you need close to a perfect quant score. maybe try the gre, it might be easier. UCLA tends to interview most students, so as long as you do well on that, you'll be fine. to study for the interviews, study brain teasers and some basic finance stuff. personally i used actuarial exams fm/mfe to catch up on quick financial knowledge.

Back