• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Pre Application Courses

I will be applying to a few programs for Fall 2009. I have a strong Finance background, but lack the advanced math courses needed as a pre-requisite for many programs. I was wondering what classes I should be taking to make my application look stronger and where are they offered?

BTW, this site is awesome! It has been a big help, thanks.

The answer to your question comes in two parts:

1) Use the search feature - there are already several posts similar to yours

2) The answer you were looking for - all forms of Calculus, Linear Algebra (beyond eigen-values, eigen-vectors, and row reductions), Calculus-based Probability, Ordinary Differentials Equations, Partial Differential Equations, Real Analysis, and as much C++ as you can handle. That will be a good start, but there is always room for more - Stochastic Calculus, Stochastic Differential Equations, and Multivariate Statistics would helpful also.

Also, you should be able to take those courses at virtually any university/college.

Back