• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Princeton MFin Princeton 2012 Master in Finance Applications

Andy, any update on any other programs ( cornell, columbia , stanford .. )?

The two guys on the Tracker have masters degree .. Does princeton accept recent grads (those with only a bachelor degree ) ?

My info is in the tracker already. I received my invite on January 4th, by e-mail. Princeton mentioned they will be interviewing ~130 candidates or so, if that helps. I'm straight out of undergrad, so don't lose hope! Good luck!

I got an interview too. Any advice on what to wear? business formal/business casual?

I got an interview too. Any advice on what to wear? business formal/business casual?

Congrats! Given that it's Princeton, I would definitely go with business formal. Are you interviewing in-person or on Skype? Either way, I would still go with business formal.

Hey Andy, do you have any information about CMU. Regarding them sending out interview calls and everything?

My info is in the tracker already. I received my invite on January 4th, by e-mail. Princeton mentioned they will be interviewing ~130 candidates or so, if that helps. I'm straight out of undergrad, so don't lose hope! Good luck!
Great.. I think I am rejected :( ... congrats man :)

The same here... I just felt that it is very competitive this year...

Great.. I think I am rejected :( ... congrats man :)

Thank you! Don't be discouraged, this whole website is a testament as to how unpredictable the whole process is! Hold your head high(y)

Hi all..

I had my interview today with Wendell Collins via Skype. Here is a brief transcript for everyone who has interviews scheduled later this month. I was told that the decisions should be out by the 20th of Febrauary.

1. Walk me through your academic and professional experiences. (Career Progression question)
2. Why are you looking for a Masters Degree at this point in your career. (I have three years of sell-side experience)
3. Why did you take up your current role ? How is it different from the previous roles in terms of culture of the firm, the scope of your role, responsibilities, etc.
4. What are your long-term and short-term career goals ? What type of financial firms are you looking at? (Banks, Hedge Funds, Asset Managers,etc) What type of role would you be most interested in ? (Trading, Risk Management, Quant Investing/Strategies)
5. Tell me about the contributions you made to the student community at your undergraduate institution. (Extra-curricular activities question)
6. What is your view on the financial markets in your home country? Financial markets globally ? (Macro question)
7. Why are you looking at Princeton? (I spoke about the courses I like, the professors I would like to do projects under, the networking opportunities Princeton offers because of its proximity to NYC and its rich alumni base, Princeton's career services cell and of course the unmatched brand value)
8. Do you have any questions for me.

I would like to wish everyone good luck for their interviews.

Cheers,

Back