• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Princeton MFin Princeton MFin Math Assessment

what is the answer for the inequality question? i did not work out any solution among the given choices

anyone knows the answer to the inequality question? i work out a solution that is not among the choices...

what is the answer for the inequality question? i did not work out any solution among the given choices
I did (with a questionable assumption or bad math) and, apparently, none of the answers were correct 😅. There goes one I felt good about.

Last edited:
So from the email we all received today/yesterday. What do you think are the two questions with the typos

Series question yes, the matrix one matched one of the options. I am not sure which is the second one, all others seemed to have a matching answer.
which one was the series question ?

And you’re saying the typos were neither the stochastic question nor the matrix ? (That’s the two I found hard)..

which one was the series question ?

And you’re saying the typos were neither the stochastic question nor the matrix ? (That’s the two I found hard)..
for stochastic dont think there was any typo i solved it but i was also confused after seeing the options but they just inverted the integral from +ve to - ve

Btw will there be equal weightage for each question or it will be based on difficulty of the question? i think after they removed 3 questions probably makes sense to have a weightage based on difficulty to assess the candidate correctly.

for stochastic dont think there was any typo i solved it but i was also confused after seeing the options but they just inverted the integral from +ve to - ve
Actually, I think the other typo was in the stochastic problem. I remember they put sigma * sqrt(t) in the bracket of ln, but I think it should be out of the bracket of ln? ... although I'm not very sure.

Actually, I think the other typo was in the stochastic problem. I remember they put sigma * sqrt(t) in the bracket of ln, but I think it should be out of the bracket of ln? ... although I'm not very sure.
I also dont remeber the options exactly now but when i was solving i found the exact mathing answer.

The stochastic is incorrect, yup
The other one is the typo in derivation

Has anyone received a decision from Princeton? I had my second round interview almost a month ago and it's driving me crazy

Idem, nothing yet. Although the official deadline is March 15th, I think last year decisions came out around the 3rd - so hopefully the suspense is coming to an end sooner than later!

Back