• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Princeton MFin vs CMU MSCF

Princeton MFin or CMU MSCF

• Total voters
I'm curious how people feel these two programs compare. It seems like one should only attend CMU if they are extremely confident they want to be a quant whereas Princeton allows for that possibility but leaves open the opportunity to pursue other areas of finance. Any votes or comments are appreciated!

Last edited:
For me it would depend on a scholarship as well. If cmu gives you a decent scholarship it maybe worth it since Princeton doesn’t give scholarships. Princeton will always have great brand recognition so that’s one thing. Also small vs large class size may be a factor.

If it may help, I have reached out to numerous folks(in person conversation) outside quantnet(graduates from top programs including CMU) and I got very similar answer from all of them. Princeton! Some of them although preferred Princeton told me that people going through financial hardships(can't get a loan/planning to return to home country) sometimes choose CMU and sometimes just to save some money but not because CMU has more to offer. I've also heard of cases where people rejected large scholarships(75-100%) for Princeton.
P.S. I have offers from both and I've done my own research of all programs. Best of luck and I hope you succeed and get your dream job wherever you decide to go.

Last edited:
If it may help, I have reached out to numerous folks(in person conversation) outside quantnet(graduates from top programs) and I got very similar answer from all of them. Princeton! Some of them although preferred Princeton told me that people going through financial hardships(can't get a loan/planning to return to home country) sometimes choose CMU and sometimes just to save some money but not because CMU has more to offer. I've also heard of cases where people rejected large scholarships(75-100%) for Princeton.
P.S. I have offers from both and I've done my own research of all programs. Best of luck and I hope you succeed and get your dream job wherever you decide to go.
Yeah I got into cmu but if I had got into Princeton at that time I would’ve choose Princeton as well.

Back