• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Professor conducting research on investment strategies

Hi, I'm Dr. Daniel Walters, a professor at INSEAD studying investor decision making. Here's my faculty website: Daniel Walters - Faculty Profile | INSEAD and LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/daniel-j-walters/

I'm hoping to find investors to participate in a study about investment strategies. The purpose of the study is to examine how new investment strategies can improve returns. I can't share the exact hypothesis as that might invalidate the study, but all participants can receive a full debrief as well as be sent the findings of the study when data collection concludes. If you are selected to participate in the study, you will be given a $500 portfolio of stock investments which you will be allowed to trade for 3 months. At the conclusion of 3 months, you will receive the full value of your investment portfolio.

The requirements to participate in the study are that you
  • had at least $1,000 in stock market investments in 2018;
  • owned at least 2 stocks in 2018, and;
  • have access to the returns of your investments for 2018.
If you meet these requirements and would be willing to participate, please complete this 3-minute survey with 10 questions: Investment Survey

This research is being conducted for academic purposes and all participation is anonymous.

Thank you for your help in this research!

Daniel Walters, PhD

Dear all,

Only 22 people have participated in the survey at this time. I'm hoping to screen at least 50 investors and select approximately 5 to participate in the 3 months study. Note: If you don't want to use your real email, you can use your forum username, or provide another way for me to contact you without revealing any personal information. If you have any questions, feel free to send me an email at daniel.walters@insead.edu

Dear all,

Because the target number of participants has been met, the survey is now closed. Thank you for your participation in the study.

Best,

Daniel Walters

“I’m giving 500 bucks away”

“JKLOL the ‘target’ hasn’t been met. Thanks for the survey responses.”

seems legit

“I’m giving 500 bucks away”

“JKLOL the ‘target’ hasn’t been met. Thanks for the survey responses.”

seems legit
It does seem legit (to me anyways). He posted in December, didn't get enough responses so posted again in the new year. The contact is through his academic email address and he posted his LinkedIn. Giving away $2500 to 5 people for academic research does not seem very expensive to me

Thanks for sharing it! I really want to learn more about investment and make money on it. But, I studied arts at the university. Now, I just search for useful info about finance and investment. Now, I realize that the future stands behind the world of finance. I regret choosing an easy path for my university degree. With my degree, I cannot make enough money for a living. At the moment, I’m reading different blogs and articles about money and finance to improve my financial situation. Recently, I found an interesting blog on investedwallet.com. It explains the basics of how money and investment can work for you in the future.

Last edited:
Back