• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Profile Evaluation for MFE 2022

Hi All,

Could you please help me evaluate my profile for MFE 2022

1) Graduated from top IITs in Mathematics and Computing- CGPA- 7.65, good to decent grades in statistics and programming courses
2) 1 summer internship and 1-year job experience in BB in the Algorithmic Trading field
3) 2 research papers, 1 in works, all in the field of Mathematical finance
4) GRE- 320- 168 Quant, 152 Verbal, 4 AWA
5) Good coding skills in python, C++ and kdb+ database.

Ambitious Targets-
1) Princeton
2) Columbia
3) Baruch
4) UOT
5) Imperial College
6) MIT

Moderate-
1) Georgia
2) Chicago
3) NYU Tandon
4) Cornell

Wanted to know what would be realistic ambitions?
Will the GRE score of Quant-168 affect my chances or I should take it again on October end ?

Thank you!!

I don't think you'd need to write GRE again. 168 on quant is about the median score for admits in schools you've mentioned. However, in my opinion, Georgia Tech, Cornell and Chicago also seem ambitious. You might want to look into Boston University as well. Best of luck!