• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Profile Evaluation for MFE 2023

Hey guys,

Based on my profile could you guide me with the chances I have for the underlying universities.

I’m from a Tier 1 college (IIT) from India, from Chemical Engineering (CGPA 8.64/10) (After conversion GPA roughly around 3.71/4)

Relevant courses :
Linear Algebra, Integral/ Differential Calculus, PDE, C++ and Numerical methods, (8/10 for all above) Economics (10/10), Banking and Bank Finance.(8/10)
- No courses on Statistics except few Machine learning Coursera courses

GRE 321 (Q-170, V-151) (Does low verbal score affect good quant score for MFE)
IELTS 7.5

Have 1.5 year experience as a Big Data Engineer (Software Engineer) working with financial data at a Multinational investment bank. (0% quant based )

Developed a Portfolio Analytics Website for Indian stock market portfolio , using python.
Which gives complete statistical and historical analysis of the portfolio. Recommends restructuring of portfolio by maximising the Sharpe ratio using historical data. Also predicts 1 year future high, average, low value for the portfolio using Monte Carlo simulation.

Have Completed FRM Level 1 by GARP (Curriculum covered Econometrics, Derivatives, Pricing, Bonds, Valuation, Risk Calculations and Management )(Does this help ?)

Ambitious
1. MIT Mfin
2. UC Berkeley MFE
3. CMU MSCF
4. Columbia MS FE
5. Cornell MFE

Target
1. Ga Tech QCF
2. Princeton MFin
3. NYU

I plan to pursue masters only if admitted in these universities . Am I being over optimistic, or is it worth it applying this year ?

Thanking you in advance :)

You have excellent profile then why not Princeton MFin?

Georgia tech and NYU both aren't that great either to target so UCB or Columbia should target

Back