• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Profile Evaluation for MFE/DS US from UK

Hi all,

I would like some realistic feedback/advice on whether the MFE programmes are achievable based on my profile. Also a slight worry as I already have a financial mathematics-ish
Master's degree and unis would not want to take me due to a repetitive background.

Studies
BSc (Hons) Actuarial Science - 1st Class
- from a local UK university (quite famous for its Actuarial Science, think City, Heriot-Watt)
Master's in Quantitative Risk in LSE - predicted Distinction, if not then Merit.

Relevant Undergrad Modules: Stochastic Processes, Derivative Markets and Discrete Time Finance, Portfolio Theory and Asset Models, Statistical Models, Linear Algebra, Multivariable Calculus, Optimisation (Mathsy), Statistical Machine Learning, Continuous-Time Finance, Risk Theory, Time Series, Risk Management, Bayesian Inference

Postgrad Modules: Black-Scholes Theory, Interest Rate and Credit Risk Theory, Computational Finance, Machine Learning in Financial Mathematics (Deep Hedging stuff), Derivatives, Financial Risk Analysis, Statistical Methods for Risk Management, Stochastic Processes

Current Plans
I plan to work in the UK for two years (job offer in Financial Quantitative Modelling in Big 4) to gain some experience and improve my coding skills (I don't think I'm good enough for Optivers and Jane Streets rn) as well as to save up a bit of money for grad school.
Wanting to study at the US as I want to work there in the future.

Internships
Corporate Recovery and Restructuring in a big accounting firm (non-UK, from my own country somewhere in SEA)
Corporate Finance (think IPOs) startup (hometown country as well).

Additional Qualifications and Skills
6 Exemptions for the Institute and Faculties of Actuaries (IFoA, UK body for Actuaries), plan to take on more exams during my work study.
ASEAN Olympiad Maths Competition 16th/250 competitors (long time ago but I don't plan to list the year I competed in)
Multiple maths tournaments (didn't really win anything tho).

Programming: Python (Tensorflow, Numpy, Panda, Scikit, Matplotlib), R

Additional Additional Qualifications
Completed ABRSM Grade 8 in Piano

Career Goal
Quant Trader/Researcher at Prop Shops, HF, BBs in the US.

Interested Programmes
Harvard SM Data Science (This is the closest I could find that relates to the skillset of a quant for a degree in Harvard) + (An absolute dream of mine to go to Harvard since forever)
MIT MFin
Stanford ICME MCF
Princeton MFin
Berkeley MFE
Oxford MCF

I am wondering if it's competitive enough for top MFE programmes in the US? I plan to only go to the US if I get to graduate from a top school tho. I haven't taken GRE/GMAT yet, and I hope to not take it if possible (certain schools don't need it).

Would like some feedback for my profile, thank you so much!

Back