• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Profile Evaluation: UK Universities

Hi all, I am a second year Ms in Mechanical Engineering student at The Ohio State University with a GPA of 3.85/4.0. I did my graduation in Mechanical Engineering from Delhi College of Engineering, India and graduated First Class with honours. I am looking to apply to top UK Financial Engineering/Financial Analysis course at top UK unis like Imperial, LBS, LSE and UCL. I have a comprehensive background in mathematics and programming thanks to Graduate level courses in PDEs, ODEs, Linear Algebra, Matrices. I am currently also enrolled in a Graduate level Statistics Class which should prove my background in statistics and probability.

I am proficient in programming in languages like C++, Python, Matlab and R.

I am currently also taking an online course on Machine Learning techniques in Finance using Python offered by the NYU on coursera.

I would like to gauge the kind of chance I stand when I apply for these programmes.

PS: I am also planning to take my CFA Level 1 in June before my course starts, so would there be any advantage for me to put it in my personal statement even though I will not have completed it.

My GRE quant score is 170.

Back