• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Profile for MFE Admissions

Hi, I am an Indian undergraduate (top 5 IIT), working at GS/JPM Quant Division in the modeling team. Will have around 2.5-3 years of experience by the time I enter school.
- Department Topper (9.2/10) amongst 100+ students in Mechanical Engineering
- 331 GRE (169Q/162V/5.5AWA)
- CFA Level 1 and Level 2 (expected in some months)
- Top Rating for 2 years in the firm
- Have experience in machine learning and finance
- National competition winner in Robotics
- A+/A grades in algorithms and programming courses with significant python and CPP exposure

My pain points:
- LORs: One strong LOR from a Robotics professor, others would be professional LORs. I think I won't get the best here.
- My math grades: I had a B in almost all math courses (one C in probs and stats). B=8/10 and C=6/10.

I am a bit underconfident due to these two points and have not considered applying till now. I want some idea if my profile is worth a T10 MFE/finance program. Would also appreciate any tips on how I can mould my profile to get over the above issues.

Thank you for your time.

Back