• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Programs with different deadlines and decision dates

mhy

Hi all,

I'm applying to several PT/online programs which have different deadlines/decision dates.

Is it possible that I end up in the situation where I have an admission offer with a hard deadline and I have yet to receive a decision from another school(s)? Can I contact my other school(s) to see if they can give me a decision before my other school's deadline?

Advice would be really appreciated. Thank you.

It's a very normal thing and happens every year to every applicant.
Best scenario, you contact programs C, D and inform them that you already got admitted into A, B. They may and make not try to expedite your application.
Some cases, you have to make deposits into program A, B in hope that you will get better admit from C, D, etc.
Some other times, you have to make a decision, just like many you will be making in your life.
Best of luck.

Best scenario, you contact programs C, D and inform them that you already got admitted into A, B. They may and make not try to expedite your application
I am thinking about doing that. Do you think there is any possibility that that petition could affect my application on a negative way???

I sent the request. Their response was
We cannot make an expedited decision on your application. It will require a full review

Given that is the MAFN program and last year some people got their addmits in June, I really don´t know what to do/expect.

I got admit from Boston during the second week of Jan and I have to send letter of intent before feb 13 + fixed deposit. I wrote to all other programs which I had applied to expedite my application if possible.. Few of the programs(Columbia, Princeton) were very cordial to give me a reply. Columbia replied that they have noted my case and they will try (may or may not) to publish my result asap.

Princeton game me this link https://deptbedit.princeton.edu/gradschool/about/docs/admission/cgs.pdf
and the person told me that "you do not need to give them an answer before you hear from other schools"
(formal deadline agreed is Apr 15 by all schools)
But the doc is concerning accepting financial support. I am not sure if this applies to submitting letter of intent to join a program.

And regarding other programs from which I have not received any reply, I have started calling them.

Same here... Could anybody tell me if it's possible to ask the program that has given me the admission to extend the time of consideration? I know there is a regulation that students do not need to give schools their decisions before Apr 15, but I am not sure if that also applies for MFE programs... Thank you! :)

Back