• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering.
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job.
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models.

Python Online Certificate Students' intro thread

astaab

C++
Python
Objective: Learn and feel confident in using Python before joining MFE program in September.

Programming Experience: C++ for Financial Engineering certification, Matlab, some R, and some Python

Work Experience: Will be joining Columbia's MSFE program this September.

Intended Pace of Program: My goal is to finish the course before my program starts. This would give me 8 weeks from today to finish the course. Finishing this course while starting my first semester would be a difficult task.

binomial-torrent

objective: be a better python industry programmer

programming experience: mostly python for data science and quantitative analysis, have done some C#, SQL

work experience: prev trading research at asset management firm, currently quant analyst at a pension

intended pace of program: 4-6 hours a week

qimikexue

C++
Python
Objective: Learn and feel confident in using Python in day to day work. Trying to get a refresher.

Programming Experience: C++ for Financial Engineering certification. Heavy usage in python for data analysis and building back tests

Work Experience: 1 year+

Intended Pace of Program: My goal is to finish the course in 12 weeks and get a good refresher in the my python programming

jeffsnguyen

C++
Python
Objective: Getting my feet wet with Python especially with application to Finance.

Programming Experience: Beginner C, C++ and R.

Work Experience: 4 year software project management + 2 year in venture capital.

Intended Pace of Program: Hoping to dedicate at least an hour every day.

m_s

Python
Objective: the goal is to feel comfortable and confident with Python, prepping for MFE

Programming Experience: Some R, Matlab, Python

Work Experience: Credit Risk management, some research in Econ

Intended Pace of Program: Finish sooner than the deadline, but I won't rush just to "finish early" the goal is to learn as much as possible.

Zoz

Python
Objective: I am a rising senior in Mathematics and Economics, looking for RA/intern opportunities in Quant Finance and Econ, and preparing for MFE/ Econometrics Programs. My goal is to be proficient in Python, especially for using it in Finance and Econ application. I hope I will be more confident with my coding skills after this course.

Programming Experience: Matlab for Numerical Methods, STATA for Econometrics, Intro to Python, Data Structure in Java

Work Experience: Summer Intern in Lending/Fin-Tech

Intended Pace of Program: 4-6 hours/week. I hope I can finish the course around Nov.

xiangchm

Python
Objective: Broaden the knowledge of programming in Python - especially programming in Python in a finance context.

Programming Experience: Some C++, R, and Python

Work Experience: 3+ year in Finance

Intended Pace of Program: Try to stay on top of the schedule