• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

NYU Tandon MFE Q&A with NYU Tandon MS FE

Hi NYU Tandon MSFE Admissions Team. I got a question about the release of admits in this cycle. My friend applied for this program before the primary deadline, but he seems not to be receiving the results back, unlike others who applied simultaneously. What is that supposed to mean to him, and what time should he expect to hear back the answer from the committee?

P.S. he got asked for a copy of the Spring 2023 course schedule by the Admissions Team in early Feb

Last edited:
Hi NYU Tandon MSFE Admission Team. I got a question about the release of admits in this cycle. My friend applied for this program before the primary deadline, but he seems not to be receiving the results back, unlike others who applied simultaneously. What is that supposed to mean to him, and what time should he expect to hear back the answer from the committee?
Hi -- good question.
We have a number of admissions offers we want to make for the priority application round. We hit that number and are now waiting for the main deadline to pass (that happens today). Your friend's application will be considered with that group. Your friend is likely to be on the boundary between "admit" and "waitlist" -- so that is good news. We are hoping that all final round applications will get scanned and organized and sent to us by the end of February. Our plan is to resolve all this in early March.

Hi, my friend just got admitted on Feb 17th, and he wonders now when the deadline is for him to accept the offer for the program.
According to the website: "MS Students Admitted between February 15 and March 14 should make the decision before Saturday, April 1, 2023."
Is this the case for him? and MSFE program requires 3000$ deposit for the admitted student to save the spot?

Hi, my friend just got admitted on Feb 17th, and he wonders now when the deadline is for him to accept the offer for the program.
According to the website: "MS Students Admitted between February 15 and March 14 should make the decision before Saturday, April 1, 2023."
Is this the case for him? and MSFE program requires 3000$ deposit for the admitted student to save the spot?
Congratulations to your friend! We professors are not involved with the tuition side of things, but I believe the answer here is "yes". Your friend can email engineering.gradinfo@nyu.edu for a precise answer.

I applied in the priority round and was waitlisted - do you have any data on what the waitlist admit percentage looks like? Other FE programs have started to release their decisions around this time (with enrollment deadline as early March), so can we as waitlisted expect to receive a final update by end of February?

I applied in the priority round and was waitlisted - do you have any data on what the waitlist admit percentage looks like? Other FE programs have started to release their decisions around this time (with enrollment deadline as early March), so can we as waitlisted expect to receive a final update by end of February?
waitlist admit percentages vary wildly year to year. we too are releasing decisions through February, and will add from the waitlist after that as a function of the number of deposits made by admitted students.

What are some topics/subjects that students should revise before starting the program? (Especially to aid in the bootcamp)

Hi Team, i wanted to apply for the next round which is due next week. Can i still apply what are chances as i am international student.

What are some topics/subjects that students should revise before starting the program? (Especially to aid in the bootcamp)
The bootcamps are designed to bring all our students to a similar starting place. Our cohort each year is made up of people who have studied math, applied math, computer science, engineering, finance, economics, statistics, or a few other academic disciplines. So everyone is a bit different. To be ready for the bootcamps we advise reviewing your multivariable calculus, your coding skills, your probability theory, the properties of different statistical distributions, and your knowledge of fundamental financial terminology.

Hi, can you provide detailed employment statistics for the MFE 2022 graduates? On the website, I can only see are separate lists of employers and positions. I would like to see for what position each employer hired and the location.

Hi, can you provide detailed employment statistics for the MFE 2022 graduates? On the website, I can only see are separate lists of employers and positions. I would like to see for what position each employer hired and the location.
The employers of our students prohibit us from distributing this information, sorry.

Hi NYU MFE Admission Team,

I submitted the application on January (round 2). I saw that some people submitted around my submission date already got their decisions. My application is still awaiting. When should I expect to get a decision?

Thank you!

Hi NYU MFE Admission Team,

I submitted the application on January (round 2). I saw that some people submitted around my submission date already got their decisions. My application is still awaiting. When should I expect to get a decision?

Thank you!
Hi! The bulk of round 2 decisions will be made in the days after round 2 applications close on 15 March.

Back