• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

NYU Tandon MFE Q&A with NYU Tandon MS FE

Hi, I submitted my application on 4th February, and I see Awaiting Decision in my Application status. I didn’t open the application page until today, so I am unclear on what the ‘Checklist’ means. I still see the upload materials, confirm your information, verify address and verify email address headers, does that mean my checklist has not disappeared yet?

The checklist is basically a list of materials you submitted. On the left of each item, it should say received or awaiting. If these are there, it means the checklist is still there, and no decision has been entered.

Hi from the financial engineering profs @ NYU Tandon. We were not getting email alerts that this thread was active and so were not looking here. That seems to be fixed. As to the current topic of the info shown in the portal: we profs have no idea what the changes you see signify. NYU takes data privacy very seriously and we cannot see what any student's portal looks like.

I got waitlisted at the end of February. May I kindly ask when I can expect the final admission result for my application? I am a little concerned as an international student that if the admission result were to come out too late, there might not be enough time to respond to other offers with earlier deposit deadlines and also make preparations for visa. Thank you very much!

I got waitlisted at the end of February. May I kindly ask when I can expect the final admission result for my application? I am a little concerned as an international student that if the admission result were to come out too late, there might not be enough time to respond to other offers with earlier deposit deadlines and also make preparations for visa. Thank you very much!
+1 to this query, mainly because of visa timelines

+1 to this query, mainly because of visa timelines
We are very aware of visa timelines -- most of our students need student visas! When the deadline for making a deposit for admitted students passes in early April we will know how many waitlisted students should be admitted and will act on that information.

Our understanding is that we professors have seen about 92% of submitted applications; the others have not been sent to us yet. They may with the document scanning group or their documents may have issues that the Graduate Admissions team here is working on.
We have made a decision (admit, waitlist, deny) to every application we have received. We know that we will need to admit some of the waitlisted applicants -- we are now waiting for the deadline to give a deposit to pass so that we know how many from the waitlist to admit.

Our understanding is that we professors have seen about 92% of submitted applications; the others have not been sent to us yet. They may with the document scanning group or their documents may have issues that the Graduate Admissions team here is working on.
We have made a decision (admit, waitlist, deny) to every application we have received. We know that we will need to admit some of the waitlisted applicants -- we are now waiting for the deadline to give a deposit to pass so that we know how many from the waitlist to admit.
Glad to know the process. What are the average percentiles of students being waitlisted getting admitted in the past few years? I have been waitlisted and am thinking about if it will be helpful to provide my GRE scores since I haven't before:/

Glad to know the process. What are the average percentiles of students being waitlisted getting admitted in the past few years? I have been waitlisted and am thinking about if it will be helpful to provide my GRE scores since I haven't before:/
Hi. The number of students admitted from the waitlist has varied wildly in the past 5 years -- COVID has made the relevance of historical data in this area pretty meaningless. As for adding more information: if you didn't think these scores would help you when you first applied, have the scores changed? Did you take the GRE a second time? If not then your initial instinct to not submit these was probably on point.

Back