• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

NYU Tandon MFE Q&A with NYU Tandon MS FE

I applied in the priority round and still haven't heard back after being waitlisted in December - what does this mean for my application?

Hi, I was waitlisted on March 1st, do you have any idea when waitlist offers will be processed?

I am also in the same situation
@ssbes @simaroberoi
We have the following heirarchy of applications in our internal processing:
1. Admitted
2. No decision yet
3. Waitlisted
4. Denied

If you made a priority round application and have not heard anything yet (assuming that all documentation was received during the priority time period) then you're in group 2. You were not denied or waitlisted -- the team here decided to wait and evaluate your candidacy when all applications are received. That deadline for international students is a week from today. By the end of March we will have dossiers for the vast majority of applicants and group 2's applications will each move to either "Admitted" or "Waitlisted". We all appreciate your desire and patience -- you won't have to wait much longer.

Hi, I was waitlisted on March 1st, do you have any idea when waitlist offers will be processed?
Hi.
We are dedicated to getting a decision to all applicants in the next few weeks. When that's done we will be watching the number of admitted students who place deposits. When the deadline for admitted applicants to place a deposit passes without their commitment to us, we will accept candidates from the waitlist for those spots in our fall cohort. This all happens through April and May.

Hi,

I have a question about the acceptance rate comparing round 1 and round 2 applications. Do you admit a similar number of applicants for round 2 compared with round 1? Am I less likely to get in if I apply for round 2.

Thank you.

Hi,

I have a question about the acceptance rate comparing round 1 and round 2 applications. Do you admit a similar number of applicants for round 2 compared with round 1? Am I less likely to get in if I apply for round 2.

Thank you.
Hi -- we believe that a round 1 applicant is signaling to us that they are very serious about studying here. It is also true that more of the strongest applicants apply in round 1. As a result, we admit about 70% of our incoming cohort from round 1.

Hi NYU MFE admission officers,
I applied before the priority deadline, and it still says awaiting decision on my application portal. NYU MFE is my top 1 choice, and I am really anxious now. Is there any idea that when will I receive the decision? Thank you!

Hi NYU MFE Admission Team:

Although I applied the round 2 and submitted the application in January, NYU MFE is my top choice as well. I would just pay the enrollment deposit right away if I have the chance. My application is awaiting as well! Is there any idea for when I can receive decision?

Thank you so much!!!

Hi NYU MFE Admission officers,
I apply on late Jan in round2. However I have some schools waiting for me w deadline 4.15. I want to know if decision will come before that day? Thanks!

I applied in the priority round(international student).But It is still “awaiting decision” on my portal. Is there any idea that when will I receive the decision? Thank you so much!

Hi NYU MFE Admission Team,

I submitted my application on March 15. When should I expect to get the decision?

Thank you!

I applied before the priority deadline, and it still says awaiting decision on my application portal. NYU MFE is my top 1 choice, and I am really anxious now. Is there any idea that when will I receive the decision? Thank you!
Hi! We have a goal of making sure that priority round applications all have answers within the next two weeks -- by the end of March.

I applied in the priority round(international student).But It is still “awaiting decision” on my portal. Is there any idea that when will I receive the decision? Thank you so much!
Hi! We have a goal of making sure that priority round applications all have answers within the next two weeks -- by the end of March.

Hi NYU MFE Admission Team:

Although I applied the round 2 and submitted the application in January, NYU MFE is my top choice as well. I would just pay the enrollment deposit right away if I have the chance. My application is awaiting as well! Is there any idea for when I can receive decision?

Thank you so much!!!
@HLHT @kumi @ChristineCC
Our school extended the admissions deadline for all programs to 15 March -- we are told that we will be given all completed, scanned, application portfolios by the end of March. We will then work very hard to make decisions during the first two weeks of April. Please note that once the program makes a decision it can take NYU 2 or 3 days to make the needed database entries and make that decision known to an applicant.

@HLHT @kumi @ChristineCC
Our school extended the admissions deadline for all programs to 15 March -- we are told that we will be given all completed, scanned, application portfolios by the end of March. We will then work very hard to make decisions during the first two weeks of April. Please note that once the program makes a decision it can take NYU 2 or 3 days to make the needed database entries and make that decision known to an applicant.
Hi! I am curious how many offers would you send out in the following weeks.

So, my GRE score was received yesterday. Tandon's admission office told me the result could be posted in 2 weeks. I want to double check with MFE team if I can receive the result in 2 weeks in this circumstance.

Back