• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

NYU Tandon MFE Q&A with NYU Tandon MS FE

Hi Frank,
Our team will act as quickly as possible. There are so many people who "touch" an application dossier that I can not give you a guarantee, but I can promise that there will be no delays in the academic department.

Hi Frank,
Our team will act as quickly as possible. There are so many people who "touch" an application dossier that I can not give you a guarantee, but I can promise that there will be no delays in the academic department.
Hi,
I wonder what no delay means? How long it takes the academic department to evaluate my application and make te decision?

Hi Frank,
We have cleared our queue by the close of business each day for two weeks now -- we expect to continue to make decisions the same day that we are given a dossier.

Hi Frank,
We have cleared our queue by the close of business each day for two weeks now -- we expect to continue to make decisions the same day that we are given a dossier.
I didn’t see the enrollment checklist and no offer too. I called to the office today, and they told me my application was under academic department review. Is that an indicator that I didn’t receive the admission?

There's nothing currently under review by our department. There's probably a lag in updating between departments.
US data privacy laws (FERPA) prohibit us from disucssing anyone's admission status outside of a secured communications channel -- obviously, Quantnet is not such a place so I cannot address your other issue here. Sorry.

Have admissions started going out from the waitlist? Is there any idea how many acceptances will be going out from the waitlist?

Yes -- we will begin admissions from the waitlist next week.
Hi,

Yesterday, April 5th, I received a message stating that I am on the waitlist for the program. I wanted to express my sincere interest in the program and that it is my top choice for graduate studies. I am eager to pursue my academic and professional goals within your esteemed institution.

I would like to kindly ask if it is possible to receive the decision by May. I understand that the admissions process can take time, and I am grateful for the consideration given to my application thus far. However, receiving the decision by May would allow me to fully prepare for my academic plans.

Besides, do I need to complete any forms to state that I want to remain on the waitlist?

Thank you very much for your time and attention to this matter.

Angran Lyu

Last edited:
Hi,

Yesterday, April 5th, I received a message stating that I am on the waitlist for the program. I wanted to express my sincere interest in the program and that it is my top choice for graduate studies. I am eager to pursue my academic and professional goals within your esteemed institution.

I would like to kindly ask if it is possible to receive the decision by May. I understand that the admissions process can take time, and I am grateful for the consideration given to my application thus far. However, receiving the decision by May would allow me to fully prepare for my academic plans.

Besides, do I need to complete any forms to state that I want to remain on the waitlist?

Thank you very much for your time and attention to this matter.

Angran Lyu
@Frank Chen @shsms

We will be processing the waitlists beginning this week. We will be admitting enough applicants by 20 April to fill our incoming cohort of students. If it turns out that fewer deposits are submitted from this group than we forecast then there will be a final round of admissions from the waitlist in early May.

Hi,

May I ask what percentage of students in the waitlist will get an offer of admission? (Based on your current forecast)

Thank you!

Did anyone get out of wl?
I think I know a few people currently on the waitlist and only one person got a offer yesterday. I am not sure if there will be more decisions coming next week. Let's just wait for a few more days. I think if there are more decisions coming, we will know it by Wednesday (? I guess)

Last edited:
Back