• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Quant Career Advice

I recently graduated with a MSc. in mathematics from a good institution. I am very interested in finance, and looking for work in quantitative finance, but as I'm sure you all know, it's quite difficult to get interviews. I have no work experience in finance, but I am a good mathematician (almost mathematician, I don't have a PhD), and an excellent programmer, and would certainly be able to pick up the work and be productive in 6 months. Where should I be looking? Are data analysis positions my way in?

get some projects (kaggle, personal, etc.) under your belt, or put any research projects you did while in school. If you're not getting any replies on quant positions then try data science or software engineering, and moving laterally. You can also try working at fang, which will help you get noticed for quant roles

Back