• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Quant/ MFE Programmes

Hi,

I am searching for a Quantitative Finance or Financial Engineering Master in Europe and would like to know if you can think of an additional programme that you can recommend and that fits my profile and criteria.

I have a BSc in Mathematics with a minor in Business Administration from a university in Germany. My average grade is 1.9 with 1.0 being the best and 5.0 the worst. That should be the equivalent to an upper second. In the Gmat I scored 680. I have internship experience in the Finance department of a big European bank, a Trading internship in a small bank and a Sales internship in a lower BB.

The programme should also not be in a German speaking environment which means no LMU, WU, HSG or UZ/ETH. I dont want to spend more than 30000€ for tuition fees so several renowned UK masters are out. Moreover, I prefer 1 year programmes over 2 year programmes.

On my list are:

Quantitative Finance and Risk Management - Bocconi
Actuarial and Financial Engineering - KU Leuven
Financial Engineering - EPFL
(maybe Financial Markets -EDHEC)

Do you have any tips?

Thanks a lot!:)

Why not a German speaking environment. Most graduate quant finance courses in German speaking areas (HSG, UZH/ETH, WU) are taught in English. If you are concerned about German outside of school, I am told a sizable portion of Zurich residents know French and/or English. Tuition at WU and UZH/ETH is very low, barely anything.

Why not a German speaking environment. Most graduate quant finance courses in German speaking areas (HSG, UZH/ETH, WU) are taught in English. If you are concerned about German outside of school, I am told a sizable portion of Zurich residents know French and/or English. Tuition at WU and UZH/ETH is very low, barely anything.

Although many speak English, from my experience it is better if the surrounding is non-german speaking so that I am forced to practice my English skills. Therefore, English speaking environment is a key criteria. Thanks though!

Any other ideas?

Back