• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Quant Network to Sponsor 2010 IAFE Annual Conference

NEW YORK - June 2, 2010. Quant Network announced today that it will sponsor the 2010 IAFE Annual Conference which will be held on June 18, 2010.

Quant Network is a leading education resource on financial engineering with a worldwide membership of over 10,000 registered members. With over 20 quant master programs reviewed by verified graduates, its primary goal is to promote a high level of transparency among education institutions to better inform prospective students who like to become a quantitative finance professional.

The International Association of Financial Engineers is the professional society dedicated to fostering the profession of quantitative finance by providing platforms for the discussion of cutting-edge and pivotal issues in the field. Founded in 1992, the IAFE is composed of individual academics and practitioners from banks, broker dealers, hedge funds, pension funds, asset management firms, technology firms, regulatory bodies, accounting, consulting and law firms, and universities across the globe.

The 2010 IAFE Annual Conference, now in its 18th year, features top practitioners in the field of financial engineering. This year's speakers include John Hull, Andrew Lo and 2009 IAFE/SunGard Financial Engineer of the Year Winner Richard Roll.

Sponsoring the IAFE's top event this year is one of the many steps Quant Network is undertaking to reach out to its growing member base. Earlier last month, it launched a Facebook page and an exclusive newsletter, in addition to its existing Twitter account. Quant Network is committed to provide timely and relevant news and educational articles for readers interested in financial engineering.

Well-known authors contributing on quantnet.com include Aaron Brown, Daniel Duffy, Euan Sinclair, Jeremy Bernstein, Sylvain Raynes.

Andy Nguyen
andy@quantnet.com
Quant Network LLC
1133 BROADWAY, SUITE 708
NEW YORK, NY 10010
Tel: (212)-714-8308

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

We have a staffed table at the conference to display our ware. Idea on what would make cool free items to give away?

I wouldn't mind a QuantNet Tshirt with some funny line on it.

sqrt(-1) <3 Math

i ,"Be Rational" ... pi "Be real!"

i^2 = Keeping it real

or

"What part of
3aaefe450d6f1c7bdde1aa89c7b460bb.png
don't you understand?"

etc

Just a thought.. Or coffee mugs. lol

if it's gonna be food, it should be sushi :)

Lol I donot support this. I am not up for sea-food.

Taco with the QuantNet logo embedded in the shell would be great. Definitely need a drink with it, and cinnamon twists from Taco Bell.

Back