• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Quantgossip: Chelsea Clinton Married a Guy Working for G3 Capital Hedge Fund

Is this a semi-quant hedge fund? I remember a fund with this or similar name that used quant strategies. I think it was a multi-strategy fund but I may be thinking about a wrong fund.

Former first daughter Chelsea Clinton and longtime beau Marc Mezvinsky were wed Saturday "in a beautiful ceremony at Astor Courts," a 50-acre estate in Rhinebeck, New York, according to a joint statement issued by her parents, former President Bill Clinton and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

"We could not have asked for a more perfect day to celebrate the beginning of their life together, and we are so happy to welcome Marc into our family," the statement said. "On behalf of the newlyweds, we want to give special thanks to the people of Rhinebeck for welcoming us and to everyone for their well-wishes on this special day."

The confirmation by the Clintons put to rest a slew of speculation on where and when the nuptials would take place.

"Today, we watched with great pride and overwhelming emotion as Chelsea and Marc wed in a beautiful ceremony at Astor Courts, surrounded by family and their close friends," the statement said.

Hundreds of curious onlookers -- along with hordes of reporters and cameramen -- gathered Saturday at the main intersection of the tiny New York town in hopes of catching a glimpse of celebrities and dignitaries attending the wedding.
Well-heeled wedding guests wearing floor-length gowns and tuxedos were seen boarding shuttles to take them to what one event planner billed as "the wedding of the century."

<!--startclickprintexclude--><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> var currExpandable = "expand16"; if(typeof CNN.expandableMap === 'object') { CNN.expandableMap.push(currExpandable); } var currExpandableHeight = 360; </SCRIPT>The entire town had been sworn to secrecy, but many storefront windows displayed signs reading "Congratulations Marc & Chelsea" and similar messages.

"You could make a case that this is the most significant thing to happen in Rhinebeck since Washington's army drove the British out of Rhinebeck back in the 1700s," said Jim Langon, editor of the Hudson Valley News newspaper, who was the first to report that the wedding would take place there.

Bill and Hillary Clinton were seen arriving at a formal dinner at the Beekman Arms Inn in Rhinebeck on Friday night.

Also attending were former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright -- who was spotted lunching in town before the wedding Saturday, presidential adviser Vernon Jordan and numerous young couples presumed to be friends of the bride and groom.

Actors Ted Danson and Mary Steenburgen -- longtime married friends of the Clinton family -- told CNN that despite the public spectacle of the wedding, "it's been a very personal experience for them."

"There's been so much love and tenderness around the whole thing," Steenburgen said. "That kind of gets obscured a little bit when you're talking about someone that's a public person. But on the inside of it I can tell you that it's been very much like everybody's wedding -- full of tenderness and memories and laughter."

Some wedding planners had speculated that the cost of the celebration could run to seven or even eight figures, but a longtime Clinton family friend said the cost would be less than $1 million.

It's not known whom Clinton, 30, chose to design her gown or what it looks like, but she was spotted by Women's Wear Daily outside the Vera Wang showroom in New York earlier this week, and the designer herself was spotted in Rhinebeck on Saturday.

Mezvinsky, a 32-year-old investment banker, is the son of former U.S. Reps. Marjorie Margolies-Mezvinsky of Pennsylvania and Ed Mezvinsky of Iowa.
When Bill Clinton was seen in Rhinebeck earlier this week, someone asked him if his daughter was going to look beautiful on Saturday.

"She looks beautiful every day to me," the beaming father said.

Earlier in July, Hillary Clinton told Polish media that she was enjoying taking part in her daughter's wedding planning.

"It's a very happy time for my family," she said. "It truly is the most important thing in my life right now."

Steenburgen, who told CNN that she has known the Clintons for 30 years, predicted tears from the former president by the end of the night.

"Knowing my friend Bill ... I can honestly tell you that I'm sure he'll be crying his eyes out," she said.

The article calls him an investment banker but I heard on TV he left Goldman and is now with this hedge fund. This quantgossip is my contribution to Quantnet for today.

R3 Capital Management

Perhaps you are thinking of the multi-strategy hedge fund, R3 Capital Management.

Back