• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Quantnet Movie Night: "Enron - The Smartest Guys in the Room"

Our first Quantnet event for this semester would be a Friday Movie Night. We'd like to invite everyone to join us for the movie and possibly a bar/dinner afterward. Snacks and drink are provided. Bring your own popcorn.

Please consider RSVP early if you plan to come so the Activity Committee can arrange for a bigger theater should the need arise.

Time : Friday 2/9 at 6:30 PM
Movie review: Based on the best-selling book of the same name by Fortune reporters Bethany McLean and Peter Elkind, a multidimensional study of one of the biggest business scandals in American history. The chronicle takes a look at one of the greatest corporate disasters in history, in which top executives from the 7th largest company in this country walked away with over one billion dollars, leaving investors and employees with nothing. The film features insider accounts and rare corporate audio and video tapes that reveal colossal personal excesses of the Enron hierarchy and the utter moral vacuum that posed as corporate philosophy. The human drama that unfolds within Enron's walls resembles a Greek tragedy and produces a domino effect that could shape the face of our economy and ethical code for years to come.
Rating:Rated R for language and some nudity.

enronthesmartestguysintbk5.jpg

Would it be possible to start closer to 7pm? I'm not sure if I will be able to make 6:30

Hopefully, I would be able to get off work in time to catch the movie.

Michelle

Dining out

Guys, our Rushali would like to go out with us to eat after the movie... where should we go?;)

I'll bring a couple bottles of soda since we're running low. Anything else we might want?

I'll bring some snacks too. (if you have any preferences or suggestions, please let me know by posting here by 5pm)

PS. Thanks woody!

Back