• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Quasi Monte Carlo simulation for European Options under Stochastic Volatility Model

Hello all;

I decided to do a project(Quasi Monte Carlo Simulation for my Advanced Derivatives Class and the professor wanted me to determine which financial model I will use and what type of risk problems I will study on my project.I decided to go with stochastic volatility model and the risk part will be the stock price fluctuations.Therefore I will add Greeks as well.That is the infrastructure of my project.What do you think?Do I follow a legal path?

Thanks in advance

Hello all;

I decided to do a project(Quasi Monte Carlo Simulation for my Advanced Derivatives Class and the professor wanted me to determine which financial model I will use and what type of risk problems I will study on my project.I decided to go with stochastic volatility model and the risk part will be the stock price fluctuations.Therefore I will add Greeks as well.That is the infrastructure of my project.What do you think?Do I follow a legal path?

Thanks in advance
Have you done any preliminary research/investigation? What feedback is your professor expecting?

Last edited:
Use Sobol Sequence?
I can illustrate Sobol Sequence as an example of Quasi Monte Carlo method but the professor wanted me to literally state which financial model I will use for the project and which risk problem I will study on the project.

I have that book thank you for suggestion.I can get the code of Sobol Sequence from the book but I don't know how to address the financial model and particular risks I am studying.
I am newbie and need to learn a lot!

Back