• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Questions concerning application

Hi guys, I am currently applying for Baruch's MFE program, and I have some questions. Please help me out :)

1) I see that there is a transcript request form online. Must I enclose this form, or can I just send the transcript? Since I have already requested transcripts from my university and the transcript is already sealed in en envelope.

2) In addition to my undergraduate institution, I studied at HKUST for one exchange semester and also at UC Berkeley for one summer session. I will mail the official transcript from my undergraduate institution within my application materials. For the other two institions, may I just enclose copies of the transcripts?

3) Do you accept copies of GRE/TOEFL score report for reviewing process?

4) For the Visa form & Declaration of Finance, do I need to send them along with my application or that I can send them when admitted?

5) I see a mailing address with a postbox number on your website. Do you have another address for express mailing services such as DHL and Fedex?

6) Since the holiday has begun, when will your admission staff begin to be in office so that I can mail my materials to your institution?

1) The form is for you to give your college registrar office to request transcript sent to Baruch. Official transcript is sent directly from college to college. In rare case, they allow you to touch it. If they give you the sealed envelop, include with your paper. No need to send back the request form.
2) If you studied the two programs for college credit, they will provide official transcript. If you think it's relevant to your application, then request them to send directly to Baruch
3) Copies are OK but no decision will be made until we receive official scores
4) You can send later
5) Box number you see is not P.O but rather room number. Rather unusual way to call it, I suppose.
6) You can send in any time. Admission office and post office have similar schedule.

Thanks Andy :)

One more question, the online systems says that the statement should be at most 3 double-spaced pages. My essay may be somewhere around 4 pages, about 1000 words. Is that fine?

:)

For question 2) I did study the 2 programs for credits including courses such as: Multivariable Calculus, Linear Algebra, Real Analysis, Fundamental Programming in C++ language, and Introduction to Finance, all with A+ :). I guess it's pretty relevant, but requesting a transcript might take quite a long time. Do you accept any other forms of submition, like emailing you the scanned version?

Back