• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Regarding career as Quant

If you're currently working as a quant. Could you please tell me a little about what's your typical day like, you like/dislike about the job, promotion prospects, a typical compensation package, how to move up the corporate ladder, and exit oppotunities after 3 years/5years/10 years.

Mzhou,
I'm reading a book titled "Working the Street" by Erik Banks (which I borrowed from Max). This is a short and excellent book. It answers most of your questions and more.

As for a "typical day as a quant/structure analyst/developer/etc", there are several good examples posted by John under the Heard on the Street forum. I believe he posted them during summer.

Mzhou,
I'm reading a book titled "Working the Street" by Erik Banks (which I borrowed from Max). This is a short and excellent book. It answers most of your questions and more.

As for a "typical day as a quant/structure analyst/developer/etc", there are several good examples posted by John under the Heard on the Street forum. I believe he posted them during summer.

Here's "A day in the life of a risk manager"
A day in the life of a risk manager (Part I)

I am re-attaching part 1 which for some reason is gone from the original post.

Attachments

• the_practice_of_risk_mgt_ch1_part1.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
Back