• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Registration

Has anyone registered for classes yet? I did come across a page that said online registration was on but was'nt very sure how to go about it. Is it alright to register around when school starts for Fall or do classes generally fill up before that?

I think for new students, we can't register online yet. You will be able to do so next semester but this semester, the registration is done in person.
We will sign up for the class on August 1st, during the new students orientation. They start at 3:30pm. I think the reason is that the courses for our program are not open to everyone in Baruch college so the professors/advisors from the Math dept will have to verify egibility and put each student into the system via a permission system.
To register online next semester, you would need to sign up for an esims/CUNY account.

Until now, I have yet to receive anything from Baruch regarding ID and registration. Is this normal? :-|

The registration date for our first-year students is August 1st. For first-tear international students who will arrive later than August 1st, Cathy will help you register upon arrival. There will be no shortage of seats in any class, regardless of when you register.

I will advise everyone individually about which courses to take in the Fall.

To any students who are currently in the program - do you remember exactly what they did at Orientation last year? I am considering not going at 3:30pm (I work full-time) and want to get a sense of what I will be missing. Does anyone know if we need to register this way every year (in person), or will we eventually be able to do it online?

frankm1342 said:
Does anyone know if we need to register this way every year (in person), or will we eventually be able to do it online?

I was told that we register in person for the first time, and then online afterwards.

Yep. That's correct. After this initial registration, everything is done online.

Jimmy

Back