• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

CMU MSCF Reject after CMU MSCF interview

Really weird. Did good in interview and my referral prof also says "extremely surprise" (he is one of prof in MSCF Steering Committee).

But it is fine for me. Ironically, I got a quant offer from a top hedge fund on the same day.

Don't know whether I should happy or not :)

You'll find out after about a month of work.

Did good in interview...

This will happen even when looking for a job. You might feel you ace the interview and you still get nothing back. Don't worry. Take the job offer. You can apply next year with more working experience under your belt.

This will happen even when looking for a job. You might feel you ace the interview and you still get nothing back. Don't worry. Take the job offer. You can apply next year with more working experience under your belt.

Do I need a MFE degree if I already work as quant? I think MBA is a better choice

Do I need a MFE degree if I already work as quant? I think MBA is a better choice
IMO, you need nothing if you are already a quant (but what kind of quant?) and you are happy :)

If you want to be a quant, maybe NYU and UCB is better for you. CMU most of the time place its students in S/T and risk management

Back