• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Relevant Internships

I know that MFE programs like to see relevant work experience from applicants, but I'm wondering what exactly qualifies as relevant. I know that quant internships are preferred but not everyone can land one, for example how would they view actuarial and data science internships?

Good to have: experience in technical roles where quantitative skills or knowledge is utilized. If programming is involved, it's a plus. If you have expose to finance, it's always good.
Actuarial and data science are actually good since a lot of programs now offer courses in that area.
If you have none of the above, you can always explain how the skills and experience you earn there will benefit you during the program and when you go interview for a job. No internship role is irrelevant.

Back