• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Reuters Workshops

There are two Reuters Workshops are coming up this month, and if you are interested you can register at Baruch's web site:

http://newman.baruch.cuny.edu/services/forms/workshops_sign_up.htm

I think it will be helpful for all of us and if you have time you should attend. I'm going to be there both days.

7/18 Tue
Reuters I Workshop - Reuters I - This is an introductory session on how to use Reuters 3000 Xtra product. The workshop includes hands-on interaction with real-time and historical market data through Reuters 3000 Xtra. The workshops are open enrollment for all Baruch students

7/24 Mon
Reuters II Workshop - Reuters II - The Reuters II workshop intends to provide students with advanced features of Reuters 3000 Xtra including the Model Browser and PowerPlus Pro. The workshop includes hands-on interaction with real-time and historical market data through Reuters 3000 Xtra. The workshops are open enrollment for all Baruch students. - Reuters I is prerequisite.

Thanks for the headup Max.
I signed up with both sections. I'll see you in the class.
Your Workshop Sign Up Request has been received.

You have been signed up for the following workshop(s):

Tue 7/18 Reurers I 2:30-3:45 SFSC
Mon 7/24 Reuters II 2:30-3:45 SFSC

We are looking forward to seeing you there.
It looks like the Subotnick Trading Center offers many valuable workshops for Baruch students and the first steps to taking advantages of it is to take the first two Reuters courses.
The Wasserman Trading Floor in the Subotnick Financial Services Center is one of the largest and most complete educational facilities of its kind. The Center introduces Baruch College students to economic, financial, journalism, and technology principles using professional market data systems and analytic software. A list of classes that have held sessions in the center can be found by clicking on the link at left.

The Center offers free, 75 minute Reuters I and Reuters II workshops to ANY student taking classes towards a Baruch degree. Once those workshops are completed, other FREE workshops available are: Technical Analysis (charting the markets), Foreign Exchange Trading Techniques, Futures and Options, Introduction to Bloomberg Terminals, and how to use TradeStation software. In addition, All Baruch students are invited to the Special Wasserman Live Events held every time there is a market moving Federal Reserve Board report released. All Baruch students are also invited to TRADER TALK, where actual Financial Market participants inform students of their daily activities.

This is great stuff - what is the main link to see all of the offerings? I'm going to ask for time away from work to attend these - my arguement will be that I can save the company money - instead of them paying, it is part of my baruch tuition!

Just a quick note, signup for any and all Bloomberg workshops(heavily used in the industry). Reuters is very good too. I'm not sure if the workshop will include Telerate but it is also quite useful.

I just signed up for Reuters part 1 for this Thursday. I will sign up for Part 2 at some point - maybe for this coming Monday if my schedule permits. I use Bloomberg here at work but it will be good to learn Reuters and then get access to the other workshops and classes.

Hello,

Are these workshops offered every month? What is the price of these workshops?

Thanks.

Workshops are free for Baruch students. So far I can see the schedule for this month only, so I'm not sure how often workshops are conducted. But I assume that during the Fall they are going to have more workshops than during the Summer.

There are a lot of Reuters workshops offered during the Fall semester. It is best to register early (I do not know when their schedule is coming out). The more advanced workshops begin in early October.

Back