• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Rotman MFE , Urgent: Need information.

I was considering the Master in Financial Economics program from Toronto university.I need feedback from the quantnet community in this regard.

1.> How quantitative is the program.Basically I am looking for program closer to MS Finance than Financial Engineering.

2.>What are the employment prospects of the program.My background is bachelors in engineering.

3> What are the comparable programs in US and UK.

Please provide your insights on these questions.
Waiting for your reply

Thanks a lot

Unfortunately, I don't know anyone on this forum who is familiar with schools in Toronto. Therefore, you won't get much of constructive response here. If I were you, I would consider one of New York schools. It's very important to be in the financial center to enter quant field.

If you are more interested in finance than FE, then programs like the one at Princeton ought to be looked at.
This community is all about FE and NYC so you will not get much feedback.
In general, you study where you want to work. UT grads find jobs mostly in Toronto. Some will end up else where but you face stiff competition with the local guys.

Back