• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

rubik's cube

Lun

Hello, everybody

I'm a new guy to here !!

Really don't know how to start. Anyway, after browsing this site for some time. I find a topic "the pursuit of happyness". So, let's start with it.

Actually, I don't know that this movie is related to investment before watching it. Anyway, I just know that it's a movie related to how one struggles to face the difficulty.

I don't know whether every part of the movie is true. I still remeber the circumstance when chris talks with a broker. Chris asks "is it necessary to go to college for being a borker" and the reply is "no, just be good with number and people". Yes, you have to be good with people. At least, you have to be able to convince poeple, you can convince the interviewer why you should be chosen while not wearing a shirt !! you have to sell yourself !!

Be good with number. I really don't know whether chris can complete the rubik's cube as being a good salesman. Anyway, the movie tells this, we believe this. In the movie, it tells that a maths. professor can only finish one side. Yes, I know a math. professor, he really can't complete all sides. So, chris's math may be better than a professor !!

Guy & girl ! If you have time, do spend time with the rubik's cube, it can benefit you very much. I have spent one year to struggle with it. What results ? Let you know if we have such a chance. I think many guys & girls here are good at maths, so do have a trial !!

Honestly, I don't trust the movie very much despite the fact that I haven't tried to check it out. At least, I don't trust that he can repair such a super scanner. Well, being a good scientist or engineer, one should be able to do so. However, if you tell me that a broker can do this. I think he is a genius !!

Anyway, I think I have said too much for the first time. Actually, I have a question to ask. I will ask it in another thread. Hope to see your reply !!

btw, I'm not a "Junior Quant Analyst", but it shows "Junior Quant Analyst". Can anyone teach me how to change it to a correct one ? Thanks !!

trading without an education

Several people trade without having the education and are successful. My boss started trading in SUNW without the education. Then moved into CSCO and ORCL and some other tech companies. He's been extremely successful doing it. I know other pple that have done the same.
Also regarding pursuit of happiness.. there was nothing real in there ... its like watching the movie proof... you'd have to have watched it to understand...
btw... they have books for the rubiks cube .. i wouldnt spend a yr with it :P .. i hope uve learnt from it though :P

btw... they have books for the rubiks cube .. i wouldnt spend a yr with it :P .. i hope uve learnt from it though :P

Oh, I'm not such a smart person, so I have to spend a year with it.
No matter go with or without the book, you can spend a day with it if you have time, then you will get it !!

btw, I'm not a "Junior Quant Analyst", but it shows "Junior Quant Analyst". Can anyone teach me how to change it to a correct one ? Thanks !!

It's a default title for all new members. Instead of using Newbie or Registered member or the likes as the starting point for the online world, we use Junior Quant Analyst as the starting point in our world - a world of future Quants.
When you reach a certain number of posts (senority), you will move up to a different title.

Feel free to ask us any question. We are here to make our members' experience a pleasant one. There is no community without the members :)

It's a default title for all new members. Instead of using Newbie or Registered member or the likes as the starting point for the online world, we use Junior Quant Analyst as the starting point in our world - a world of future Quants.
When you reach a certain number of posts (senority), you will move up to a different title.

Feel free to ask us any question. We are here to make our members' experience a pleasant one. There is no community without the members :)

Oh, thanks ! My pleasure to be here with you all !! :thumbsup:

Back