• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Rutgers MSMF Rutgers MSMF: I am on the wait list?? What does it mean at this point of time

hey all,
My Rutgers MSMF application is still under review. So, I contacted the admissions office regarding the status of my application. They replied me saying that my application is CURRENTLY WAIT LISTED...........

Is it a reject or an accept.........................considering the fact that rutgers gave out many accepts in March 12'
Andy Nguyen

Is it a reject or an accept.........................
A waitlist is just that, "just wait". You are not good enough for an admit, yet not bad enough for a straight reject. They will see how prior admit respond before they move on to the alternatives.
Unfortunately, you can't do nothing about it. Schools have to hedge their bets. And so should you.

Anyone else waiting for Rutgers MSMF? They have even put up list of incoming students for Fall 2012. Lets hope they give out some more admits.

Hi, I also was told by Ana that i am wait-listed. However there are a lot of Pending on the tracker, does that mean everybody is wait-listed? Did anybody get a reject from Rutgers lately?

ONE When did you call or email them? The list of incoming students this Fall which they have put up on their website indicates that there might not be many spots left. We'll just have to be optimistic.

darth Currently, the application status for almost everyone is 'In Review'. Its only when people either emailed or called them, they came to know that they have been wait listed.

ONE When did you call or email them? The list of incoming students this Fall which they have put up on their website indicates that there might not be many spots left. We'll just have to be optimistic.

darth Currently, the application status for almost everyone is 'In Review'. Its only when people either emailed or called them, they came to know that they have been wait listed.
okay :)

I emailed her last Thursday and asked her. You think i should email her again and ask ?

Not sure why people are still living in hope. Rutgers already post their incoming class roter. 58 students in all. That's more than they had last year.
So unless many students in the roster suddenly change their mind or the program decides to increase the size further, it's a foregone conclusion for many without admission offer by now.

I'll say focus on your alternative options.

ONE Nah.. no need.. She's already conveyed the message. Going by the Tracker, Rutgers did give out some admits in May and June last year. But now it seems to be a remote possibility considering the rush of applications this year. Andy is right. Lets look at the alternatives now.

I was also told that I am wait-listed. I don't like Rutger's way of treating applicants. Always with hope that might be admitted by Rutgers, I nearly lost some other options. A proverb shared with you guys, "a sparrow in hand is better than a dove on roof", cherish those you already have, you don't get the best offer simply because you are not good enough, why not work hard from now on and make good preparation for the future's challenge?

I was also told that I am wait-listed. I don't like Rutger's way of treating applicants. Always with hope that might be admitted by Rutgers, I nearly lost some other options. A proverb shared with you guys, "a sparrow in hand is better than a dove on roof", cherish those you already have, you don't get the best offer simply because you are not good enough, why not work hard from now on and make good preparation for the future's challenge?
I can't agree with you any more. There is little hope that Rutgers give out admits at this point of time.

I received an email today from the Careers Person (we were exchanging email for some other issues), and she wrote in the email that the admissions for this year has been closed.

Back