• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

CMU MSCF Second Interview at CMU MSCF

imp

Hello all! I received an email for a second-round admissions interview (my first one was a few weeks ago) from the CMU MSCF where we are to talk about my "career goals and experience so far." Has anyone experienced something like this? As far as I know, CMU usually only does a single interview per person... I thought that I botched my first interview too, so I'm extra confused.

All thoughts are appreciated, thanks!

Same here. Have you already finished this interview? I'm extra worried too...

Same here. Have you already finished this interview? I'm extra worried too...
Yes, I had the second interview this last week... It's nothing too high pressure. The woman is nice so it was an (in my opinion) easier conversation (I always felt stupid during my first interview). The interview is not too difficult, just know your goals, your resume, and why CMU. There is no "ethics" question or many behaviorals. It's pretty much "walk me through your resume, how are you a good candidate, tell me about your background in CS, Math, Stats, etc."

My impression is that this interview means that they think we're a strong candidate, so they don't want to reject us. They're giving us another opportunity to prove ourselves as being able to interview well (and have good placement) because we didn't do well on the first interview. That's also a confidence booster going into the interview.

I think the interview went generally as well for me, so now I'm just crossing my fingers until the 8th.

Anyway, good luck and kick some ass!

Yes, I had the second interview this last week... It's nothing too high pressure. The woman is nice so it was an (in my opinion) easier conversation (I always felt stupid during my first interview). The interview is not too difficult, just know your goals, your resume, and why CMU. There is no "ethics" question or many behaviorals. It's pretty much "walk me through your resume, how are you a good candidate, tell me about your background in CS, Math, Stats, etc."

My impression is that this interview means that they think we're a strong candidate, so they don't want to reject us. They're giving us another opportunity to prove ourselves as being able to interview well (and have good placement) because we didn't do well on the first interview. That's also a confidence booster going into the interview.

I think the interview went generally as well for me, so now I'm just crossing my fingers until the 8th.

Anyway, good luck and kick some ass!
Thx a lot. I have just finished this interview and felt good about it. Wish we best of luck and hope that we could become future classmates!

Thx a lot. I have just finished this interview and felt good about it. Wish we best of luck and hope that we could become future classmates!
Happy I could help and happy to hear it went well! Yessir, I hope we'll be seeing a lot of each other in the fall!

Hi everyone!
I just got my admission letter.
Congratulations to all the other admitted students!

I have created the following Whatsapp group for reaching together. Please feel free to join.

Regards,
Maysam

Back